Thursday, February 16, 2012

SPOTLIGHT: The Voice (Season 2)

American Idol is so 2000 and late. Here's the newest reality singing competition that will surely blow your mind. Upon seeing its first episode last year, I was completely interested on watching the show. From that day on, I was religiously watching the show and oftentimes, I would watch it first before doing my homework. 

There is a huge and unique difference between 'The Voice' from other singing competitions. First, its interesting Blind Auditions were very nerve-cracking. Coaches, namely Cee-Lo Green, Christina Aguilera, Adam Levine and Blake Shelton, fight for an artist to be with them throughout the course of the competition. During the blind auditions, they would not see the auditionees and when they like what they hear, they will press their button, which indicates that the coach wanted the singer to join on his/her team. Its very exciting because for the first time, you need not to be judged on your physical attributes, but only on your vocal prowess and vocal characteristics. 

I love the show because it's a whole new concept and a whole new avenue for singers to have their own big break. I hope someone will adapt it here in the Philippines because surely, it would be a great hit among all Filipinos. 

The Voice, with its second season, airs on AXN, every Wednesday and I have been very amazed on each contestant stepping on the stage and performing. This year, my personal bets were mostly from Team Adam. I hope Team Adam wins..again! 

No comments:

Post a Comment